Chipping Norton Church is located in Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire in England.
It is thought the church was founded at the beginning of the 12th century and was dedicated to St. Nicholas. Later on after 1170 it was re dedicated to St. Thomas. In the 13th century the church was rededicated again to St. Mary the virgin. It was around this time that the church was extended for the first time.
A tower was added to the building in the 14th century but it was pulled down in the 19th century after it became structurally dangerous. The tower was then rebuilt shortly afterwards in 1823.
In 1450 the Nave was rebuilt with a higher, steeper roof and a gothic curtain wall.
During the 16th century the north isle was extended.
The 14th century style font has the top part replaced during the 19th century.
Reported Paranormal Activity
The church is thought to be haunted by the ghost of a holy man who was hanged from the church tower for taking part in a rebellion.