Clifton Hall is located in Holgate, Nottingham in England.
The original hall was built during the 11th century and was mentioned in the domesday book.
The hall was originally built as a tower house designed to be used for defence and residence.
In 1632 Charles 1st stayed at Clifton Hall as a guest of the owner, Sir Gervase Clifton.
Between 1778–1797 a large majority of the hall was rebuilt for a later Sir Gervase Clifton.
For 700 years Clifton Hall remained in the Clifton family until 1958 when Peter Thomas Clifton sold the hall. After the hall was sold on it became Clifton Hall Girls’ Grammer School. Nottingham Trent University then used the Hall between 1976 and 2002.
In 2002 a man named Check White bought the hall and turned it into luxury apartments as well as building houses on the grounds.
In 2007 Anwar Rashid bought the hall and tried to gain permission from Nottingham City Council to host wedding cermonies. The application was denied. Anwar moved out of the hall 8 months later.
When the mortgage payments were stopped in 2008 the hall became the property of Yorkshire Bank.
Reported Paranormal Activity
Anwar Rashid and his family including his wife, 3 daughters and son apparently started experiencing paranormal activity almost immediately after they moved into Clifton Hall. Their experiences included knocking on the walls and disembodied voices. Anwar’s wife woke up early one morning at around 5am hearing the television was turned on. Upon inspection she found her daughter Nabila watching television. When Anwar’s wife went back upstairs she realised Nabila was still in her bed fast asleep. Eventually the hauntings became too much for the Rashid’s when one morning bloodstains were found on their baby’s blanket they decided that day they could no longer stay and moved out after just 8 months.