Speke Hall is located in Speke, Liverpool in England.
The hall was built in 1530, the Great Hall being the first part to be constructed. There were earlier buildings on the site of Speke Hall and it is believed that parts of these have been incorporated into the current building.
In 1531 the Great / Oak wing was added to the building as well as the North Bay.
Between 1546 and 1547 the west wing was added followed by the north range in 1598.
A porch was added onto the parlour in 1612.
In 1860 a dairy and laundry were introduced into the hall.
In 1795 the Watt family purchased the hall. When Miss Adelaide Watt, the last surviving Watt Heir, passed away in 1921 the hall was maintained by Adeleide’s butler, Thomas Whatmore and other members of her staff for 21 years until 1942 when ownership of the hall was passed onto the National Trust.
Today Speke Hall is still owned and run by the National Trust.
Reported Paranormal Activity
It has been told that a previous owner of the hall was having numerous affairs outside of his marriage. When the wife learned of her husbands philandering, she was so devastated that she killed both herself and their child.
Visitors of the hall have reported seeing the ghost of the heart-broken lady wandering the throughout the building along with unexplainable cold spots.