Built in the 17th century, Bramshill House is located in the civil parish of Bramshill in Hampshire, England.
Edward Zouche, 11th Baron Zouche of Harringworth bought a manor house in Northeast Hampshire in 1605. Edward demolished and rebuilt a large portion of the house making it the building we know and can still see today as Bramshill House. This took 7 years to complete.
In 1699 Sir John Cope Purchased Bramshill House which stayed within his family until 1935.
The chapel which stood on the grounds of the house was demolished in the 18th century by the Cope family.
King Michael and Queen Ana of Romania resided at Bramshill House after the 2nd World War.
From 1955 until present day the house has been used as a police staff collage.
Reported Paranormal Activity
The eldest daughter of Sir Cope, Anne married on Christmas Eve of 1727 to Hugh Bethell of Yorkshire. On this day everyone was having fun playing games of hide and seek. Anne decided to hide in a large chest. No one ever found Anne’s hiding place. Years later servants of the house opened a large chest with a latch which could only be opened from the outside in an unused part of the house. To their horror they had found Anne’s remains which was still holding a piece of Christmas mistletoe.
Today the ghost of Anne has been spotted by a number of witnesses wandering around the house.